The Perfect VENTRY Interview 🎙
May 20, 2020
Ahhhhh… The Interview. VENTRYs third and final step before getting accepted into a Remote Accelerator Cohort [RAC].
The Perfect VENTRY Interview 🎙
Ahhhhh… The Interview. VENTRYs third and final step before getting accepted into a Remote Accelerator Cohort [RAC]. Are you unfamiliar with our 3-step application process, then find out more here👇
VENTRY | Join Us!
So, if you are reading this article that means you already completed 'Step 1 | Getting to know you' & 'Step 2 | RAC Application Task'. If not, take 5 minutes out of your day and complete Step 1 below 👇
VENTRY Step 1 | Getting to know you.
We designed the application process with as much transparency in mind as possible. But if you still have any questions, simply drop us a message and we will get back to you ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org 👋
The Interview 🎙
This 3rd and final step is actually quite simple! We want to provide you with a clear structure that includes everything from the process to good practices & tips, so you can be best prepared and get the most out of it 🤝
At VENTRY, we love to use a tool called IDOARRT for basically everything. It is a meeting preparation tool, that if used right can even be perfect for debriefing! If you want to learn more about it, read up on Hyper Island's toolbox: https://toolbox.hyperisland.com/idoarrt-meeting-design
Without further ado, here is our IDOARRT for your Interview ⏳
Intention: Feel your vibe and get to know you better through a face to face
Desired Outcome: Have a clear picture of your personality & understand whether you are the perfect fit for our RACs
1. First 5min → Intro & Greetings | VENTRYs Mission & Vision | Recap of RAC Structure | Update on VENTRYs Internal Situation
2. Next 15min → This is your time. Use it for whatever you want! We suggest you also create an IDOARRT. If you are unfamiliar with the tool, we suggest you use this helpful online tool: https://www.idoarrt.com/
3. Next 5min → Feedback of Interview & Feedback of Application Task
4. Last 5min → Outro, Next Steps, Missing Details & Casual Chat
Roles: 1x Interviewer + 1x Interviewee 👥
Rules: Adhere to the Agenda & utilise your time wisely 👀
Timeframe: 30mins ⏱
Good Practices & Tips💡
- Do the IDOARRT → you will feel so much more comfortable and confident with your 15 minutes!
- Prepare past projects & entrepreneurial or creative endeavours (we love to see anything hands-on!)
- Focus on what matters → less is always more. We are looking for ambidextrous people and love to see that communicated in a straight line, without little side roads or fluffy talk.
- Be 10 minutes early with webcam & as environment prepared.
- Show us your best self. Get in the zone. Meditate, listen to your favourite tune, go for a run, chug a smoothie - whatever you need!
Our only aim is for you to feel comfortable, confident and most importantly heard during all stages of this process. Like with everything we do at VENTRY, our aim is always to inform first and empower second. And we believe this is possible by extending trust alongside responsibility & autonomy, so you can show us your best self through your 15 minutes. 👓
Thank you so much for you interest in VENTRY. We can't wait to hear from you and learn about what truly drives you, what incites your passions and how bold you really can be.
Being aware of your fear is smart. Overcoming it is the mark of a successful person - Seth Godin